PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
4-County Fiber, LLC d/b/a 4CFASTnet respects the privacy and confidentiality of each customer’s private or confidential information that is received or obtained by 4CFASTnet. The objective is to protect this information to the extent reasonably possible in accordance with this policy and normal business practices and to notify customers as to what information is received, maintained or shared by 4CFASTnet.
A. Categories of Information Collected.
1. Contact information which includes the customer’s name, equipment location (if applicable), billing address, telephone number, e-mail address as well as other information required to provide service and billing to each customer. This use of internet from 4CFASTnet shall give the 4CFASTnet access to and collect information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version as well as the time and date of your use.
2. Billing information, including bank account number if your bill is paid by check or draft upon the customer’s account, credit information, credit or debit card information if your bill is paid by credit or debit card, financial information regarding your credit information and payment history.
3. Responses to customer’s survey(s) conducted by 4CFASTnet to identify needs or to improve service.
4. Additional information about a customer or customer’s property and other matters obtained through services offered by 4CFASTnet.
B. Purpose of Collection; Access and Correction
1. 4CFASTnet collects and maintains information regarding customers for purposes of its operations and management. It shall not be used for any improper or unlawful purpose.
2. 4CFASTnet intends to collect and maintain accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about its customers. 4CFASTnet generally permits access to this information by the customer or anyone authorized by such customer to receive it. If any information maintained is believed to be inaccurate or incorrect, 4CFASTnet will normally allow for the correction or change to be made so that such information is accurate. 4CFASTnet will not allow the change of any information relating to payment, billing or charges unless such information can be shown to be incorrect, e.g. if a bill is paid late, that information cannot be removed simply because the customer would prefer that his/her account did not reflect such information.
3. Any matters that are believed to be incorrect or inaccurate may be reported and disputed by directing your request to:
4-County Fiber, LLC d/b/a
P.O. Box 8466
Columbus, MS 39705
C. How 4CFASTnet Collects Customer Information
1. When a customer creates an account and interacts with 4CFASTnet regarding their account or other services or participation in a program available through 4CFASTnet.
2. When a customer uses broadband service of 4CFASTnet.
3. When a customer interacts with 4CFASTnet through its website.
4. When 4CFASTnet interacts with third parties regarding a customer such as a credit reporting agency.
D. Use and Retention of Customer Information by 4CFASTnet
1. 4CFASTnet uses information about customers in defined and responsible ways in order to manage, provide, and improve its products, services and operations for its customers.
2. Data about customers’ broadband usage may be compiled in aggregate form and such data may be used by 4CFASTnet to improve system operations, efficiency and overall customer service.
3. 4CFASTnet retains customer information for such periods of time as required by law or regulation or as reasonably necessary to provide services.
1. 4CFASTnet maintains customer information with reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative, physical, and cyber safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of customer information. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. HOWEVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN 4CFASTnet GUARANTEE ITS ABSOLUTE SECURITY AS NO SYSTEM CAN EVER BE FULLY PROTECTED AGAINST EVERY POSSIBLE HAZARD.
2. 4CFASTnet requires its employees, affiliates and contractors who have access to customer information to comply with this privacy and confidentiality policy.
3. Customer information that customers may access through 4CFASTnet’s online account system is protected using cyber security protocols designed to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing such information.
F. Disclosure to Third Parties
1. 4CFASTnet does not share customer information (e.g. a customer’s broadband usage data and information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual) with a third party, except at the customer’s request, with the customer’s consent or as described below. Customers who wish to authorize 4CFASTnet to disclose their information to a third party may do so by contacting 4CFASTnet as described under G.1.
2. Information may be disclosed to affiliates or contractors hired by 4CFASTnet to assist in carrying out operations, such as service, maintenance, billing and management functions including legal, audit and collection services. Information may also be shared with other broadband suppliers under shared service agreements or to meet operational requirements. Information will only be disclosed to such persons to the extent necessary to render the services, and only to those who agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information.
3. 4CFASTnet may disclose to and share information with commercial and consumer credit reporting agencies for credit-related activities (e.g., the reporting of bad debts).
4. Aggregated information may be disclosed to third parties where necessary or beneficial for 4CFASTnet’s operations (for example, to improve efficiency and overall customer service).
5. Information may be disclosed when authorized or required by law, including a response to a search warrant, subpoena or court or law enforcement order. For example, 4CFASTnet may use and disclose records for investigations into customer misconduct or for law enforcement investigations related to its business. Disclosures may also be made when appropriate to protect 4CFASTnet’s legal rights or in situations involving an imminent threat to life or property. 4CFASTnet will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
6. Information may be shared with affiliates and partners of 4CFASTnet to communicate with customers, to promote services or to communicate information of interest to customers. Customers may request that their information not be shared with affiliates or partners for the offering of new products and services by contacting customer services. Nevertheless, 4CFASTnet does not sell, rent, loan, exchange or otherwise release customer information to non-affiliated third parties or partners for their marketing purposes, without a customer’s prior consent.
7. 4CFASTnet may make information regarding third party products and services available to customers through its website.
8. 4CFASTnet may partner with another party to provide specific services or goods. When the user signs up for these services or goods, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services or goods. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services or goods.
G. How to Contact 4CFASTnet
Questions about this Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, which may be changed and updated from time to time, may be directed to customer service, which can be reached by phone at 800-431-1544 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.